Please join our free friendly forum it only takes a second
Please join our free friendly forum it only takes a second
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All size's of paws welcome

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rottweiler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chelleandhoney

chelleandhoney

Rottweiler Empty
PostSubject: Rottweiler   Rottweiler I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:41 pm

The Rottweiler is a medium to large size breed of domestic dog that originated in Rottweil, Germany. The dogs were known as "Rottweil butchers dogs" because they were used to herd livestock and pull carts laden with butchered meat and other products to market.Some records indicate that earlier Rottweilers may have also been used for hunting, although the modern Rottweiler has a relatively lesser hunting instinct compared with other breeds.
The Rottweiler was employed in its traditional roles until the mid-19th century when railroads replaced droving for getting livestock to market. While still used in herding, Rottweilers are now also used in search and rescue, as guide dogs for the blind, as guard or police dogs, and in other roles.
Back to top Go down
Macwooly

Rottweiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler   Rottweiler I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:44 am

I can say Rottweilers do have a fabulous ability to hunt tennis balls lol!

And please don't believe their bad press as I live with one who is the sweetest, most gentle girl hearts She has been through a number of painful, orthopedic surgeries and still likes to go to the vets and loves to give them cuddles and kisses gooddog

But anyone considering getting a pup from a breeder, please, please, please check that the parents and preferably the grandparents have been hip scored and ideally their elbows scored. The breed is prone to hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia.

Also for those who have a Rottweiler do NOT allow your vet to prescribe steroids without advising them that a slow withdrawal is required as the breed can be prone to Addisons disease if withdrawn from steroids too quickly.

Anyone wanting information on Rottweilers then please contact me thumbsup
Back to top Go down

Rottweiler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chat :: Breed Specific-
Jump to: